An International Transfer Certificate (ITC) is required for every player aged 10 years or older, who are playing for the first time, is not an Australian citizen or whose last registration was overseas. This is a FIFA requirement to ensure players are not under contract or suspended and is applicable even if the player is an Australian citizen or if they have been registered in Australia previously.
To obtain an ITC you will need to complete a registration through PlayFootball, players will be prompted to answer a question on their previous playing history (as seen below).
- ITCs are requested during the registration process
- ITCs may take up to 30 days* from the date Football Australia has submitted the players request to the opposite National Association
- All adult ITC requests require a copy of the player's passport and should be sent to your Member Federations - Contact details here
- Provisional clearance will be provided to the player after 7 days if the corresponding federation fails to respond to the ITC request, allowing the player to register to play in Australia
- All ITC support queries should be sent to email@example.com
- Completed forms should be sent to Member Federations - Contact details here
- Payments for any ITC registrations should be paid when the ITC has been cleared/approved
- No payment can be accepted online if you are requesting an ITC until after the ITC has been approved
Steps to Completion
Requesting an ITC
Step 1: Sign in to your Football account
Step 2: Place a registration to a club
Step 3: Answer the International Transfer clearance question - Was Your Last Registration to an Affiliated Football(Soccer) Club in Australia?* (answering 'no- my last registration was overseas, will trigger the ITC process)
Step 4: Send a copy of your Passport to your Member Federation (Please ensure your passport is clear and includes all of the documents details)
The player's request is sent to Football Australia, players are encouraged to send a copy of their passport to their Member Federation to help expedite the request. Please ensure that the passport is clear and readable, to allow your member federation to ensure they have the correct document for the ITC process.
- Once a player has placed their registration they will receive the following confirmation message
Clubs can track the player ITC request by viewing their profile via the admin portal. Admins should search and view the player's profile then click 'workflows' then 'ITC'. All new ITC requests will have a 'Pending ITC'- status
Once Football Australia has received all the relevant documentation from the player Member Federation they will be able to send a request to the players National Association. This will be reflected on the players profile, and their status will change to 'ITC FFA Requested', which will accompany a changed date status. This date is important as it starts the 30-day timer, National Associations can attend to the players request to help expedite this request.
For further questions or queries regarding an ITC, Football Australia's ITC department can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note Football Australia's ITC team does not have a dedicated hotline, and can only be reached via email**