An International Transfer Clearance (ITC) is required for every player aged 10 years or older, amateur adult players whose last football registration was overseas will need to undertake this process. This is a FIFA requirement to ensure players are not under contract or suspended and is applicable even if the player is an Australian citizen or if they have been registered in Australia previously before going overseas and playing football.
To obtain an ITC you will need to complete a registration through PlayFootball, players will be prompted to answer a question on their previous playing history overseas.
- ITCs are requested during the registration process
- ITCs can only be requested once submitted through a player's PlayFootball registration.
- ITCs may take up to 30 days from the date Football Australia has submitted the players request to the overseas National Association
- All amateur adult ITC requests require a copy of the player's passport and must be sent to your Member Federation
- Once the 7 day period lapses, you will be provided with a provisional ITC clearance, allowing you to play
football in Australia
- All ITC support queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed forms should be sent to Member Federations - Contact details here
- No payment can be accepted online if you are requesting an ITC
- Payments for any ITC registrations can be paid when the ITC has been cleared/approved
Steps to Completion
Requesting an ITC
Step 1: Sign in to your Football account using this link https://account.footballnetwork.com.au/
Step 2: Select a football club to complete your registration
Step 3: Select "No - my last registration was overseas" and fill out the country of last registration, the club's name and the year you last played. **It is vital that you list the last football club you played for overseas.
Step 4: Complete you registration to receive the below message.
Step 5: Send a copy of your passport to your member federation
The player's request is sent to Football Australia, players are encouraged to send a copy of their passport to their Member Federation to help expedite the request.
- Once you have placed your registration you will receive the following confirmation email detailing the process.
- Your participant portal should be used to track your ITC request - all new ITC requests will have a 'Pending ITC' status.
Participant Portal login
- Clubs and Member Federations can track the status of participant's ITCs through their PlayFootball Admin in the participant's Workflows.
- When your ITC has been sent off to the overseas National Association and they have confirmed your previous record of registration, Football Australia can then request the ITC. Football Australia will update your ITC status to 'ITC FFA Requested' and the date will be entered. This is where the 7-day period starts, if the national association attends to the request before the 7-days, Football Australia will be able to clear the ITC request. If however, the National Association does not deliver the ITC within the 7-day period, then after 7 days you will receive a provisional ITC which will allow you to play football in Australia.
- Once you have received email confirmation from Football Australia (see below) stating that your ITC is cleared, only then can you play football in Australia.
TIP: As a guiding principle, member federations/clubs/participants should allow ≈ 10-20 days from the date all documents have been forwarded to their respective Member Federation to receive their clearance to play football in Australia.
If you would like an update on the status of your ITC, you can contact the ITC department using the below email.